CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 24, 2007

Spinach and Potato Frittata

I must admit that the pic was taken from allrecipes.com where I got the recipe because I was too busy eating to take one of my own! While I was home for Christmas, my friend and I decided to host a brunch for our high school girlfriends. We served coffee cake, hash browns, fruit salad, mimosas, and this tasty and easy veggie frittata.

REVIEW: It was a little tricky gettng everything mixed in and done at the same time without overdoing any one thing. The potatoes went in first, followed by garlic, green onions, spinach, and tomatoes in that order. The eggs took longer to firm up than I anticipated, probably because we used a deep skillet, and i had to turn up the heat took cook it through which caused it to burn a tiny bit on the bottom. Next time I would use a flat skillet with high sides for easier and faster cooking. Besides that, it was so easy! I might try using mostly egg whites with a couple of yolks next time to make it healthier. Everyone liked it!

RECIPE:
olive oil
4 small red potatoes, sliced 1/4" thin
1-2 tomatoes, diced
1 1/2 cup fresh spinach
1/4 cup sliced green onions
3 cloves garlic, chopped
salt and pepper
8 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Heat olive oil in skillet on medium-high heat, saute sliced potatoes until they are semi-soft (not mushy). Add garlic, green onion, spinach, and tomatoes, cook for 5 mins. Whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper together in a bowl, then pour over veggies in skillet making sure it covers all the veggies. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top. Reduce heat to med-low and cover until eggs are firm and cheese is melted. Serves 6. (per serving: 284 cals, 13g fat, 12g protein, 29g carbs)

No comments: