CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Prosciutto-Wrapped Asparagus


Simple and delicious side dish you can make any night of the week in 15 mins. I had some leftover prosciutto from making my friend's awesome goat cheese bombs for a girls night, so I was looking for ways to use the rest of it. I've never used prosciutto before but I've had it in restaurants. After wandering around the grocery store searching for this mystery meat, I finally realized that they sell it at the deli like ham - duh! The asparagus comes out perfectly cooked and prosciutto is crispy like bacon. Yum!

RECIPE:

-Heat oven to 450F
-Wrap one-inch wide slices of prosciutto around the asparagus spears, leaving the heads exposed
-Spray baking sheet with cooking spray
-Place wrappd spears on baking sheet, sprinkle with pepper (no salt needed, the prosciutto is salty enough) and coat with olive oil or more cooking spray
-Bake 10 minutes, flip spears over after 5

Each prosciutto slice is about 50 cals and 2g fat, and asparagus is pretty much calorie-free!

No comments: