CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Sun-dried Tomato Pasta Creation


Getting dressed and leaving my place to grocery shop was the last thing I wanted to do on this lazy Saturday morning. Being that my fridge was completely empty besides one lonely tomato I had to get creative when making lunch. I am a big believer of having certain staples always available in the freezer, two of these being cooked shrimp and chopped spinach. I made this in about 30 minutes and I'm rather proud of how it turned out.

RECIPE:
10 oz whole wheat penne rigate pasta
2 cups frozen shrimp, thawed in a bowl of cold water
1 box frozen chopped spinach, thawed
1/2 cup sundried tomatos, jarred in oil and coarsely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tomato, chopped
1/2 vegetable bullion cube
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
1 cup water
dash salt and pepper
parmesan cheese
Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, mince garlic and chop tomato. Heat skillet at med-high heat and coat with cooking spray. sautee garlic and red pepper flakes for a few minutes, then add 1 cup of water and 1/2 bullion cube, spinach, tomato, salt and pepper. Mix well and simmer on low until pasta finishes cooking. Mix shrimp, pasta and skillet mixture together, sprinkle with toasted pine nuts, parmesan cheese and serve.

No comments: