CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Cleanse Diet Day 3 (Eating Out)

Cleanse Diet is going well! I am following the rules fairly well without feeling like I'm starving. I started exercising this week, and I'm feeling good. I feel more awake during the day, even with the lack of sugar or caffeine to perk me up. Despite my best efforts I'll give myself a "C" grade for the "no gluten" rule. I thought I was safe with couscous and oatmeal, but according to internet resources, those contain gluten. Apparently I have to buy the "gluten-free" versions of both, which are not available in a regular grocery store. I could see how this kind of diet can get expensive. There are many money-saving tips out there such as homemade sauces and breads, but this diet definitely takes a lot of planning and time. From what I've read, the healthy benefits are worth the extra work!

I thought eating at a restaurant was out of the question with this diet, but it turns out I was able to get a vegan gluten-free meal at the local Thai restaurant, and it was delicious too! I did some research on restaurants, first starting with gluten-free. I was surprised to find that local chains Cheeseburger in Paradise and Outback Steakhouse both had gluten-free menus on their website. But guess what-- ALL of the entrees contained meat. One forum suggested Thai food, so I gave it a try. My dish was Pad Pak ordered off the Vegetarian menu - stir-fried veggies with fried tofu in a brown sauce with jasmine rice. I asked the server about gluten-free, she knew exactly what I was talking about, and said they would remove the "flour powder" that they put in the sauce. So easy. I wish everything in my life was that easy. Anyway, if I keep this going, I'll definitely be going back there. Also, Thai Kitchen sells gluten free pre-packaged meals and soups, so that's one option for a quick meal finally!

Today I had a fruit smoothie for breakfast and I'm having quinoa salad for lunch. Dinner is TBD, I'm out of groceries already. I have a few more recipes to try, so I think after my Friday Free Day, I'll try this crazy diet for another week. Wheeee!

1 comment:

Synaura said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.