CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Baked Crab Rangoons



Another recipe from Steamy Kitchen's blog... she has some really great ones! I really like the restaurant style rangoons that are deep fried but as a healthier version I think these were just as good. Won ton skins can be found at most grocery stores and at asian groceries of course. I spent a looong time staring at the different types of crab debating whether to spend the money on the jumbo lump crab ($15/8oz!) and finally I heeded the advice from the sympathetic butcher and went on the cheap and got the claw meet ($8/8oz). I also saw imitation crab meat for $2 and decided to give that a trial run just in case (BAD BAD MISTAKE). The claw meat tends to be sweeter so I think it worked for this dish, but obviously the meaty texture and quality just isn't the same as the jumbo.

Watch the won ton skins baking because theyi go from raw to crispy and dark fairly quickly! I topped with thinly sliced green onion.

Overall, this was an easy recipe that would be tasty with an impressive presentation at a party. I served it with the thai tomato soup which paired perfectly.

1 comment:

cookie said...

haven't been back to your blog in a while. You've been cooking up a storm!

Everything looks so tasty. Jealous of all the delicious crab you have!