CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 25, 2013

Paleo Banana Muffins


Another recipe from Everyday Paleo, tweaked a bit. I have to admit, these muffins don't quite have the texture or satisfaction as one made with milk, sugar, and AP flour, but their a pretty good substitute.

After a week of only egg dishes for breakfast, I was starting to crave something else, something in the baked goods category. Fresh pineapple and a handful of coconut flakes gave the muffins some texture and sweetness.

I am loving how these protein-packed breakfasts really fill me up and last for hours. This morning I had a small piece of frittata, a sausage link, and one of these muffins and I wasn't hungry until 12:30pm. Usually, I'd be starving by 10 and need a snack.

UPDATE: I tried these with a cup of diced apple instead of pineapple and liked it much more! I also added about 6 walnuts chopped for a banana bread-like texture.

RECIPE:
1 ripe banana, mashed
4 eggs
1/3 cup water
1 cup pineapple, chopped
2 1/4 cups almond flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
dash ground nutmeg
handful unsweetened coconut flakes
1/8 cup coconut oil, melted

Preheat oven to 350F. Mix banana pineapple, eggs, and water in a large mixing bowl. Add the melted coconut oil and whisk together. In another large bowl, mix almond flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and coconut flakes and mix well. Grease muffin tin with coconut oil or use cupcake liners. Fill each muffin cup 3/4 full, it should make 16 muffins. Bake 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. 

No comments: