CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 25, 2013

Time to play catch-up!

I'm back with some delicious recipes to share! In the time I've been away, I've actually moved cross-country to the City of Angels! As a foodie, I cannot get enough of all the unique and delicious restaurants to try, and as a result have been blowing my monthly restaurant budget quite regularly. "I'll do better next month!" I vow, as I feast my eyes and stomach on Argentinian-style skirt steak topped with a creamy mushroom sauce, or beer-battered halibut stuffed into a corn tortilla covered in crunchy cabbage slaw and smothered in a spicy creamy chipotle sauce, or perfectly crispy thick-cut French fries sprinkled with parmesan and drizzled with truffle oil. Am I making you hungry yet? Exactly my problem.

Time to reign in the restaurant spending, or at least try to. As a cook, living in an incredibly diverse city such as LA opens up endless opportunities to dive into any cuisine, find weird ingredients to experiment with, and seriously like 5 wonderful farmers markets within 5 miles! Since I tried the Paleo diet earlier this year, I've been pretty good about avoiding grains, most dairy, processed foods, etc. Having tons of fresh fruit & veggies accessible and CHEAP helps me stick to the diet, and I really feel better when I do!

I have a few winners to share in the next couple of posts. Enjoy.

No comments: