CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

30 Days Almost Over

I'm coming up on 30 days of following the Paleo diet (pretty strictly, I might add) and I've definitely witnessed an improvement in my body's shape. I would post a before/after picture if I wasn't so creeped out by personal info floating around on the Internet! The last weigh-in I did at the gym showed 118, whereas I usually float between 125-130, but I'm not a stickler about weight, I usually just pay attention to how my clothes are fitting and all my pants are falling off! My stomach is amazingly flat and I'm toned all over thanks to lots of heavy weight training.

I have to say these 30 days have not been without sacrifice, but the results are EXACTLY what I wanted - obtaining a bikini-ready body without starving myself. I would highly recommend it!

Obviously, I've been trying MANY Paleo recipes over the past few weeks, so I'll post the ones I like the best, the ones that will have a place in my meal rotation even after I finish the diet.

So what's next after Las Vegas? Well, I haven't quited defined what my transition plan is. I've read that some people have stomach issues after dropping Paleo suddenly, and I'm not ready to lose my slimmed-down body just yet! One goal is to continue to avoid gluten and dairy. I haven't missed bread that much (except for pizza - one of the best foods on the planet) and I really think taking gluten out allowed me to slim down my middle so quickly. There are so many gluten-free options out there now; I've had delicious pancakes, muffins, and crackers that are just as tasty as wheat ones. Since both my mother and grandmother are lactose-intolerant, it is probably a good idea that I avoid dairy as well. I'm sure I'll allow myself an occasional piece of mouth-watering cheese, but I want it to be a treat instead of the staple that it used to be.  Things I'll add back in slowly and see how it goes: rice, regular potatoes, soy.

I'll keep the recipes coming, whatever they turn out to be!

1 comment:

Ansley said...

Awesome! I want to do a 30 Day Paleo as well!