CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 5, 2013

Pineapple Chile Pulled Pork

I don't think I've been this excited for meat in my crockpot EVER. I sat at work trying to focus while my mind kept wandering to this delicious hunk of meat simmering in my crockpot with its sweet and spicy marinade. I pulled my car in the garage and the smells hit me in the face!  Look at what I came home to:
We invited a friend over for dinner (I really do like surprise dinner guests!) and had this spread set up:



The recipe I based this on is here:  
This pork had excellent flavor. I had about 7 leftover dried New Mexico chiles from an enchilada recipe, which gave it a good kick. I think chipotle chiles would be amazing in this. The pork marinated in a Ziploc two nights before getting poured into a crockpot. I served the lettuce tacos topped with chopped pineapple, cilantro, avocado, and a squeeze of lime. Fantastic leftovers, too!

No comments: