CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 5, 2013

Thai Shrimp Curry with Cauliflower Rice


I can't claim credit for creating these recipes, but they both were delicious! I have started making thai shrimp curry after I watched Steamy Kitchen's blog video that made it so simple to follow. This dish was already Paleo-friendly so that made it easy, but I usually serve the curry over jasmine rice or rice noodles. Since neither of those are allowed on strict Paleo, I tried out this cauliflower rice as a substitute.

Here's the link to the curry. I used panang curry paste and baby bella mushrooms.

And for the first time, I made cauliflower rice. It's been a long time since I've done anything with cauliflower, actually, but I will definitely be making this again!

RECIPE:
1 tsp coconut oil
1 head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
2 cloves garlic, minced
salt & pepper to taste

Steam the cauliflower over the stove or microwave until tender. Process cauliflower florets in a food processor until its consistency is like rice. Heat wok or skillet to medium-high heat and add cocoonut oil. Once coconut oil is melted, saute cauliflower and garlic together for 7-10 minutes, until cauliflower is slightly browned. Add salt & pepper to taste.  Remove from wok and wipe down wok if necessary prior to cooking curry.

No comments: